cooking with wholefoods
saturday 11th to monday 13th june 2011
Cooking for health and vitality - Queens Birthday Long Weekend
Learn how to cook delicious vegan meals and raw food treats that promote health & vitality on this 2 day vegan cooking course with Alexis and Ostii.
Using local, seasonal organic produce, you will discover the secrets of how to prepare Hepburn Retreat Centre’s famous vegan banquet, as well as learn some gluten-free vegan baking skills.
Explore the art of preparing and cooking grains, pulses and vegetables to create optimum nourishment, flavour and visual appeal.
this vegan cooking workshop will include:
- Hands-on vegetarian/vegan cooking classes, including plenty of gluten free options
- A Gluten-Free, vegan baking class
- A Raw-food snack and treat preparation session
- 1 or 2 yoga classes each day
- Feasting on the delicious, healthy vegan meals that you cook
- Discussions on nutrition, ayurveda, food, veganism, and yoga
- Recipe ideas and notes on yogic diet and nutrition
- Time in the retreat centre gardens, learning about growing vegetables and edible weeds
- Accommodation in twin-share or single rooms
- Time to explore the Hepburn National Park and the bush only a few minutes walk from the retreat centre
- and Maybe some time around the fire in the tipi
Massage and other treatments are available onsite (please book in advance).
during these cooking classes, you will learn how to:
- Combine ingredients for maximum flavour and fulfillment, using only vegan ingredients
- Make food choices that will benefit your wellbeing and increase vitality
- Present vegan food for maximum visual appeal
- Bake Gluten Free, vegan cakes and desserts
- Prepare delicious, healthy raw-food treats and meals
- Eat for maximum pleasure and digestive ease
This weekend vegan cooking course offers you the opportunity to develop your cooking skills in a weekend, with time out from your busy Melbourne Schedule to relax and unwind.
Although the food on this course is vegan, the recipes can be easily adapted for a vegetarian diet.
The retreat commences at 10.00am on Saturday 11th June and finishes at 2pm on Monday 13th October.
workshop Registration and Cost
To register, phone Ostii on 0424 442 219, or complete the retreat registration form.
The cost for the weekend retreat is $400.
Early bird price is $350 (pay by 5th May 2011).
A deposit of $100 or more is required a month before the retreat to secure your place.
For cancellations two weeks or more before the start of the retreat, your deposit or payment, minus an administration fee of $50, will be refunded. For cancellations three days or more before the start of the retreat, your deposit or payment, minus an administration fee of $100, will be refunded. For cancellations with three days of the beginning of the retreat, payments will not be refunded.