vegan banquet @ hepburn retreat centre
Gourmet Vegan Banquet --- most Saturdays
- the ultimate gourmet health experience
- all natural ingredients, no animal products used
- usually seasonal and sometimes local and/or organic and veganic
Alexis our chef, has been serving a Saturday night buffet meal in our Dining Room to guests and locals since 1990. He presents a variety of fresh and vibrant dishes, while continually refining the combinations of flavour, texture, colours and ingredients.
We enjoy providing the vegan banquet to both regulars and newcomers, and we trust you will enjoy the care and attention embodied in this gourmet vegan experience.
Open to both casual diners and guests in-residence. Patrons may arrive from 7pm onwards, when an appetiser or soup is available. Buffet mains are served at 7.30 pm.
bookings - phone - 03 5348 2005
Bookings are essential, preferably at the time of reserving accommodation, or by 4pm on Saturday so we may arrange and plan the evening menu.
Patrons can also enter their name & contact number on the Booking Sheet at Reception.
gourmet menu selection
The menu always incorporates a selection of regular favorite seasonal foods, with the vitality of newly created cooked and rawfood dishes. We usually offer 6-8 main preparations; numerous recipes have been collated over the years, with dishes in our buffet selection such as:
cooked buffet selection :
- Tofu salad w/- sun dried tomatoes, avocado, fresh greens, lime pickle...
- Cauliflower and kale tempura
- Baked tempeh & spinach w/- tamari citrus sauce
- Scarlet runner beans, chestnut & Brussels sprout salad
- Roasted Seasonal Vegetable Delight
- Stewed quince & rhubarb.
rawfood buffet selections:
- Mango, lime and mint soup
- Beetroot, sunflower seed, lemon and olive oil dip
- Marinated zucchini, sliced vegetables, fresh coconut noodles, with almond / orange/ ginger dressing
- Fennel, grapefruit & walnut salad
...........and much more, including the ever popular:
- Banana and mango 100% fruit sorbet/ice-cream, variety of fruits, topped with nuts and carob sauce..........
A small selection of vegan non-alcoholic beverages are available.
We usually have a sparkling and still grape juice, bottled or by the glass, and fruit juices or local fresh spring water with a good range of self-serve herbal teas, some from our cottage garden.
@ Hepburn Retreat Centre
9 Lone Pine Avenue, Hepburn Springs
turn left at golden springs avenue opposite Hepburn Bathhouse and Spa car park